Back in the day, I’ve been using Logitech products. I swear by their products because they not only do the job, but it also feels really nice to the touch as well. Over the course of a few years, they’ve ventured into the gaming niche.
Today, we’re going to take a look at one of their gaming keyboards, the G710. The Logitech G170 is a full mechanical keyboard that has MX Cherry Blue switches. For those of you who are not familiar with mechanical switches, the MX Blues are perfect for typists and gamers alike. They have a tactile feel and they are really nice to the hands each and every time you type with them. The only problem is that the MS Cherry Blue is one of the noisiest mechanical switches out there on the market today.
If you want to take a look at the rundown of specifications for the G710, here it is:
- Tactile, high-speed keys: Cherry MX Blue Switches deliver gaming-grade responsiveness with high-speed, “clicky” tactile feedback
- Adjustable dual-zone backlighting: Adjust the brightness of WASD/arrow keys independently from the rest of the keyboard so you can easily find any key-even in low light
- 6 programmable G-keys: Configure up to 18 unique functions per game, including single key presses, complex macros or intricate LUA scripts
- High-performance gaming keys: 110 anti-ghosting keys and 26-key rollover help you make the right moves with flawless precision; one-touch media keys let you instantly control volume, mute and media playback
- Compatibility: Works with Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 or Mac OS X
The Logitech G710 is perfect for typists and gamers alike. As mentioned previously, this gaming keyboard has Cherry MX Blues that provide the perfect tactile feedback for that precise command in gaming. Also, Cherry MX blue switches are known to be sturdier than your run-of-the-mill membrane keys and they can withstand up to 50 million keystrokes!
The Logitech G710 is also well-illuminated with a white backlighting. The lighting can be adjusted using four preset light options. Furthermore, if you just want to illuminate the WASD keys, then it also has a special backlighting option for that as well.
The G710 gaming keyboard also has a 110-key roll over with anti-ghosting, so that you are assured that each and every keypress will be registered on the computer.
The Logitech G710 also comes with 6 programmable G-keys. These are perfect for gamers so they can use macros in their games. This is also perfect for people who just wants to have a button to launch their favorite applications all at once.
Not only that, but this gaming keyboard also has dedicated media controls, so you do not have to move the mouse to control video playback, for example. And, typing on this thing is a dream because it not only has mechanical switches, but it also has a palm rest as well! Type on the gaming keyboard for hours on end, and you will never feel any pain at all!
The Logitech has done it again with the G710. This gaming keyboard costs only $84. Sturdy with a lot of features, this is a really good gaming keyboard from a very reputable company.